The Great Annual Nyingma Monlam Prayer,2011

The World Peace Prayer started on 3rd February,2011. This year the Nyingma Monlam will be held for eleven days. The Monlam is performed by the Rinpoches such as  Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche, Minling Khenchen Rinpoche, Dudjom Yangsi Rinpoche from Bhutan, Rabjam Rinpoche, Mugsang Rinpoche, Gyangkhan Rinpoche, Namkha Rinpoche, Khochen Rinpoche, Ringo Tulku Rinpoche and many other Rinpoches, Tulku’s, Khenpo’s and monks from different lineages ( Dzongchen, Sechen, Kathog, Palyul, Mindrolling, Dorjidrak). There are more than 17,000 participants.  The lineage holder Rinpoche’s take over the seats of four direction while doing Monlam (Prayer).

In the East direction of the stupa are yogi and yogini’s of all Nyingma lineages lead by Dudjom Yangsi Rinpoche, Namkha Rinpoche and Ralo Rinpoche doing prayers.

In the Southern direction of the stupa are Mindrolling, Sechen and Dorjidraks’ khenpos and monks lead by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Minling Khenchen Rinpoche and Sechen Rabjam Rinpoche.

In the Western side of the stupa are Kathog, Palyul and Dzogchen’s khenpos and monks lead by Gyangkhan Tulku Rinpoche, and Mugsang Rinpoche.

In the Northern side are the nuns of all Nyingma Lineages lead by senior Khenpo.

The day starts with the prayers of the Buddha Shakyamni and 16 Arhats followed by  Guru Padmasambhava and Twenty one Tara’s prayers. After that reading of Manjushri ‘s sutra till 11:00am.The Monlam breaks for lunch till 1:00pm. The afternoon prayer starts with Manjushri sutra till 2:30pm. There is a break for fifteens minutes. After the break Zangchoe Monlam is done till 5:00pm. The Monlam ends for the day. The dinner is served at monastery at 6:30pm.

All the food and accommodation for the Rinpoche’s, Khenpo’s and monks are  provided by Nyingma Monlam  Trust. Tarthang Rinpoche is the founder of Nyingma Monlam trust and H.H Penor Rinpoche, the President. The board consists of three Vice-chairman, Minling Khenchen Rinpoche, Rabjam Rinpoche and Dzongchen Rinpoche. The General secretary is Dagpa Lama and Treasurer are Khochen Rinpoche and Ringo Tulku.  The Nyingma Monlam Chenmo has their own monastery near the stupa. The monastery can accommodate more than 18,000 comfortably. It has kitchen provision, hospital,guest house, restaurant, shop  and a seperate temple which can accommodate more around 20,000 monks comfortably . The main statue is the Buddha Sakyamuni. The monastery is spread over 32 acres surrounded by gardens filled with flowers and trees. All the Rinpocho’s, Khenpo’s and monks stay there. The monastery is ten minutes walking distance from the Stupa.The monastery have library but at present it is under construction. Almost 70% of the construction is completed and the remaining 30% will take another few years. The construction cost is beared by all the Great Nyingma Rinpoches on mutual understanding.

 

廣告
Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

發表迴響

在下方填入你的資料或按右方圖示以社群網站登入:

WordPress.com 標誌

您的留言將使用 WordPress.com 帳號。 登出 /  變更 )

Google+ photo

您的留言將使用 Google+ 帳號。 登出 /  變更 )

Twitter picture

您的留言將使用 Twitter 帳號。 登出 /  變更 )

Facebook照片

您的留言將使用 Facebook 帳號。 登出 /  變更 )

連結到 %s

%d 位部落客按了讚: